What type of TONE does this column set with you?

The name of Michael Lemole, the University of Arizona neurosurgeon who’s been treating U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords’ brain injuries since the Jan. 8 shooting, may sound familiar to Palm Beachers.

That’s because Lemole’s mom and pop, heart surgeon Gerald Lemole and his wife, Emily, live in a $7.1 million house on The Island. They also own a more modest $3.5 million house, also in Palm Beach.

And while Michael is saving the life of the moderate Democratic congresswoman, Gerald and Emily are more into the far, far Right — including Tea Party goofball Christine O’Donnell!

According to campaign filings, Lemole’s parents have showered with thousands in contributions — $15,700 in 2010 alone — Tea Party candidates vying for national offices.

Ironically: Among their favorites are some of the very people whose controversial rhetoric and campaigns are said to provide a fertile ground for the likes of Jared Loughner, who allegedly injured Giffords and killed six others in Tucson.

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 5:20 PM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Quite nosey to honest and has nothing to do with the fact he is saving U.S. Rep. Gifford's life. That should be all we care about, not where he vacations or his political preference.

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 5:26 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• It sounds like rubbish. Trying to kindle more controversy over an already tragic story is plain wrong.
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 5:26 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• It leads me to believe that there is far less rhetoric and vitriol than our media and elected representatives would like us to believe. After all, it seems to have made many 'take up' for one side or the other. Wag the dog.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:34 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• What does that information have to do with anything? I think it's just more fodder to feed the furnace of class envy and all the rest.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 5:38 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• What do the surgeon's PARENTS have to do with the story?

The surgeon is an an adult, independent (I'm assuming) of those who reared him.

What his parents do, the decisions they make, money they spend and the candidates that they endorse are a reflection on them, not their adult son.
    I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall in their home when they learned who their son had treated!
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 5:49 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• It doesn't sound like a story that would interest me, regardless of whatever the tone is or where the story was published. Why should I care about the parents of the doctor in charge of the congresswoman's recovery, where they life, how much they own or how they spend their money? How does that in any way relate to her, the shooting, or her recovery?

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 6:34 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Condescending and inflammatory.

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:34 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• How does that in any way relate to her, the shooting, or her recovery?

That would be a great question to ask the COLUMNIST....... Hard to believe he is a paid professional...

grlygrlz2

Comment by grlygrlz2 (original poster) at 6:36 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• It sets a very BAD tone with me… :o|

And I agree with all Previous Posters...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 6:37 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Well, except, jsbenkert….
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 6:38 PM on Jan. 20, 2011