NEED HELP NOW!!!! *Edit*

HELP!!! Someone told me to use 2 cups water+1 cup vinager to clean my dark wood cabinets my kitchen. The vinager turned my cabinets a green color. What do I do??

Thankfully the green color fadded away. But still my cabinets don't look cleaner. So that was a waste of time.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:40 PM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Home & Garden

• You have lifted up the stain on the cabinent! I always heard 2 quarts water to 1 cup of vinegar,, I don't know but I bet you might have to restain them, once there completely dry you could try some Old English to see if that helps! Good luck, does anything match green in your kitchen?
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 5:42 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Call whoever told you to try that and ask them "what the heck....
    peace013

Answer by peace013 at 5:41 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• It is possible that if you concentration of vinegar was too much for it to remove the stain, but it also could have just showed and colored unseen grease on the cabinets.....does the stain look gone or does it still appear to be underneath the green??? Put a cup of water in a bowl and add a few drops of your liquid dish soap and use a sponge and see if that helps.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 5:55 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• You might try the liquid soap idea, but do not put anything oily on them until you figure out if you have lifted the protective layer (polyurethane/ shellac/ lacquer). You may have to restain them and then apply polyurethane.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:25 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Watch them closely and make sure there is no peeling in the next few days. You should really never need anything stronger than mildly soapy water to clean them. Hope it works out OK
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:57 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Next time I would use only Murphy's Oil to clean them with sorry that happened.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 7:57 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I use 1 Tbsp vinegar to 1 cup of water for my hardwood floors.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:44 PM on Jan. 20, 2011