Has anyone ever gotten pregnant while breastfeeding?

If so tell me your story.

JanetElizabeth

Asked by JanetElizabeth at 5:52 PM on Jan. 20, 2011 in General Parenting

• i know michelle duggar did about 13 times "she said i'd breastfeed my kids for about 9 months and then i'd get pregnant again and my milk would dry up"
    Anonymous

• I got pregnant with my second when i was nursing my 13 month old daughter(anna). Which am due anyday now :) am 39 weeks pregnant and can not wait! I did not start having periods again till Anna was 12 months, yea took me a month to get pregnant again after my first period :) and me and my husband never used anykind of birth control, we were just letting nature take its corse.
    ashcrash

Answer by ashcrash at 5:57 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• It's been 7 yrs since I had our last but there's just 13 months between our last 2. I knew I was pregnant at just 2 weeks gestation. I could just tell, went to the Dr and he confirmed it. I was shocked... I had our 2nd on Sept 5, 02, and our 3rd on Oct 5, 03... We call them our "irish twins" lol.....
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 5:57 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I was still nursing my 15 month old when I got pregnant with #2. We planned to let nature take it's course though. My milk never dried up, but he did decide he didn't like it when it changed to colostrum and weaned before #2 was born.

A cousin had to take fertility drugs to get pregnant with her first 2 took 1.5 years with no drugs to get pregnant with #3 and was nursing #3 when she went in at 6 months PP to get birth control only to find out she was pregnant with #4 about 2 months along.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 6:08 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I was exclusively breast feeding my then 4.5 month old when I got pregnant with number 2... AND we were using condoms & sponges!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:39 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I was still nursing both times when I got pg with baby number two and baby number three. Though the nursing baby was older than a year both times and was not nursing all that frequently.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 7:47 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I did, but lost it to a miscarriage because of the conflicting hormones. I could not maintain a pregnancy and breastfeed at the same time.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:10 PM on Jan. 20, 2011