maid?

would you ever have someone clean your house? i did it for a little while and it wasn't just one kind of income, it was all over the place. have you or would you get a maid for different things around the house? i think after i go back to work i might pay someone to come in once a week and do a once over on the bathrooms and kitchen.

angevil53

Asked by angevil53 at 6:13 PM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I used to have someone every other week. It was great. I just can't afford it any more, I wish I could.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 6:15 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• like 2x a year I hire someone to come help with all the stuff I hate. Like taking apart the fridge and cleaning the nooks/crannys. I generally do it once in the fall to get ready for the holidays and again mid summer as a treat to myself when it's so hot you don't wanna move much less clean
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:20 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• My MIL has a housekeeper and to be honest she drives me crazy. I have my girls clothing organized by size and by shirts/pants/shorts/pj's/etc and she always just sticks stuff wherever so I'm constantly fixing it. She'll also clean their room when I've asked her many times not to because my 5 year old is the destroyer and she needs to learn how to be responsible and pick up after herself! Also if she finds like one of my kids toothbrush's or hair ties or something somewhere, she'll just stick it in like a random drawer or their toybox and I'm stuck playing where's Waldo when it comes to finding their stuff. I feel stupid complaining about a housekeeper like I'm ungrateful or something but I just wish she'd listen to me when I tell her to butt out of some stuff!
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 6:24 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I'd like to have someone come in a clean the baseboards and blinds.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 6:34 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I used to have someone come in once a month and help out. Can't afford it now.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:16 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• When my kids were little and I worked more regular hours, yes I did.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 7:40 PM on Jan. 20, 2011