Don't tell hubby...

If you knew your hubby didnt like you doing something. Would you do it anyway behind his back?

It's not cheating. Just something you knew he didnt like.

"What he dont know can't hurt him"?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:15 PM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• not sure what i would do...never had that problem...
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 6:17 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• no
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 6:17 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I guess I do every day. All "little things" though. One example is I occasionally let my little girl flush her moist wipes even though he says not to. I also use about 2x more laundry soap than he agrees with
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:17 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• it depends what it is to be honest. if its someting like stoping for your fav coffee ivery mornin or something like that he dont need to know, or buying store brand things and putting them n name brand containers. but if is something lik smoking or drnking or somthing you should tell him
    aschwarz06

Answer by aschwarz06 at 6:18 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• No, my husband doesn't ask for much, and I want to do what I can to make him happy, he does so much for us.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 6:19 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• My DH is not my ruler. He can not tell me what I can and can not do.. If I want to do something, I do it.

Answer by louise2 at 6:19 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• It's never good to hide things because it will always come back to hurt you. Just be honest and try to meet in the middle.
    lilxblink82

Answer by lilxblink82 at 6:19 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I don't usually try to do that - I may do it unintentionally, but it's certianly never been an effort given toward being dishonest with him. My thought is this... would I want him to do that to me? Or would I want my kids to see me being deceptive and learn it's ok because of my actions?

Honesty is the best policy :)
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 6:20 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• No. I probably wouldn't. Not knowing exactly what you're talking about, I can't say for certain. My hubby says he doesn't like surprises, but I still surprise him from time to time.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 6:26 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• If it is a purchase of something that draws from your joint funds more than say 100.00 then I think it is Simply not done. If it is a purchase which requires money and you work and hove some money of your own then maybe. If it is something that your husband is morally opposed to, then I think you are wrong to do it behind his back. Hopefully you knew each other well enough when you got married that you both agreed to do or NOT do certain things. Please always consider if HE insisted on doing things that YOU do not like or approve of. It is time to become an adult. I do not mean that in a condescending way...but promises separate the children from the adults.
    notjustmom213

Answer by notjustmom213 at 6:27 PM on Jan. 20, 2011