Do you grow your own

veggies? I would like to grow a few things this spring, but I'm not sure what. Any suggestions for easy veggies that can be grown in containers?

scout_mom

Asked by scout_mom at 6:23 PM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Tomatoes , pole or even bush beans, strawberries and if you really want to have fun let your children plant squash and pumpkins although the latter 2 need about 10 feet to trail across the yard. Herbs grow very well in pots and you can take them inside into a sunny window over the winter. I have a friend who had a rosemary bush which was at least 3 feet tall and just as big around. It was over 12 years old! Have fun. I love gardens and your own veggies will always seem better!
    notjustmom213

Answer by notjustmom213 at 6:33 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• i don't, but tomatoes frow well in containers
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 6:24 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I grew peppers and tomatoes in a planter this year. I'm going to try to expand a bit next year.

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 6:24 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• We usually have a huge garden, but the dang deer and grasshoppers have been eating everything the last two years. Tomatoes and peppers grow well in containers. Depending on the size of container, other things can grow well too, such as green beans.
    Tawneekitn

Answer by Tawneekitn at 6:31 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• you can grow just about anything in a container if it is the right size and you have the proper climate, water and sun. Where do you live?
    That will a difference on what you will be able to grow easily.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:35 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I had tomatoes and peppers on the back deck. Everything else was at the in-laws in a big garden that Dad loves to take care of.
    carjean66

Answer by carjean66 at 6:40 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I tried but I think our back and side yards is too shady or something... I got one tomato and no squash or Watermelon... I do grown my own herbs int he front garden. Those to really well and I enjoy having them!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:00 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• We do cherry tomatoes in containers. SO good!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:11 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Herbs only.
    I rely on my parents-who are gentleperson farmers who are also urban dwellers. Best fruits, veggies ever!
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 7:19 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Yes, I have gardened for about 30 years, Tomatoes grow well in containers as well as peppers
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 7:56 PM on Jan. 20, 2011