is it just me or do you think itsa little greedy to have more than one baby shower?

karen40b42day

Asked by karen40b42day at 6:34 PM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It depends on your situation. Will one be for your family, one for your husband's family and one for your friends. You should not have an overlap in the guests. That is greedy.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:38 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• It's you! There are LOTS of reasons to have more than one shower...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:37 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• You do not have the shower your family and friends decide to have them for you.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:39 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Not if they're having an opposite sex baby. Also,moms can always use diapers.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:35 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I don't think it is greedy at all! If you have enough friends and family to make up more than one party, then more power to ya!
    jazzgal

Answer by jazzgal at 6:37 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Since baby showers are not usually thrown by the pregnant individual, how can they be greedy? Baby showers are usually thrown by friends and family. It is THEIR choice whether or not a pregnant friend has a baby shower, not the pregnant woman.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:53 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Do you mean for one pregnancy, or for the second child?
    usdragonflies

Answer by usdragonflies at 6:36 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I think if you're having more than one shower for the same baby, then it's rude (not necessarily greedy) to invite the same people to both showers. for example, they might have a shower for you at work.....and then your non co-worker friends/family might want to have one for you. I don't think there's anything greedy about that.
    charlottej

Answer by charlottej at 6:47 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I don't think its greedy. With me I had a baby shower thrown for me by my in laws and a baby shower thrown for me by my family. It was very nice and very helpful. (They couldn't be thrown together due to them living in 2 different states).
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 6:50 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I guess it depends on who is invited to them. When I was pregnant with my first I had 3 baby showers not because I wanted them but because people gave them to me. My aunt, who has no children wanted to do one and that was for family. My friends threw one for me because I was the first one out of all of us having a baby. Lastly, another aunt, one that I worked with from the time I was 14, threw me one with the woman I used to work with.

Funny because I hate being the center of attention and at my aunts, the 1 with no children, she went all out. My friends was lots of fun and laid back. The one with the people I worked with was very small and nice.

So I guess it depends on why you are having, if it were up to me i would have only had 1.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 6:51 PM on Jan. 20, 2011