What should i ABSOLUTELY bring to the hospital?

I plan on breastfeeding btw. I already have a bag packed.. Just asking incase i'm missing anything.

sbushman13011

Asked by sbushman13011 at 6:34 PM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Pregnancy

• camera, baby book, address book, outfit for baby to go home in. Clothes for you to go home in. Slippers. That's all you really need.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 6:38 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• slippers for dirty floors
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 6:38 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• nursing pads! I didn't bring any and leaked through like 4 hospital gowns..
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 6:41 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• with my first i overpacked. with my second i was better prepared and knew what the hospital provided and didn't provide. i DIDN"T need to pack diapers, blankets for the baby, wipes, diaper cream, etc (basically anything you need to care for the baby the hospital gave to us). i would recommend taking slippers and a couple pairs of comfy pants that you aren't too attached to in case they get wrecked. also i took a deck of cards and a couple of puzzle books to do during non-visiting hours when i got bored. and ear plugs. it's REALLY hard to get sleep when the nurses come in every 3 hours, especially if your hospital is as busy as mine was with deliveries. i couldn't get to sleep because of all the ladies in labour screaming every 5 minutes down the hall lol.
    Angelgirl25

Answer by Angelgirl25 at 6:41 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• slippers something comfy to sleep in shower stuff ... i took a shower .. had to uhhh go home clothes ... and not your pre pregnancy things either cause u will prolly still hurt for a few weeks baby go home clothes cameras phone hubby or coach and something to eat once you have the baby as long as its ok ... deoderant
    nofi1389

Answer by nofi1389 at 6:41 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• A good breastfeeding reference book (dr sears or LLL) OR a laptop if your hospital has wifi. Hospitals tend to give out bad BFing info, so you need someplace to look up good info if you have any questions. Asking in the breastfeeding moms group on here will give you good info! :)

Other than that, a camera, slippers or flip flops, chap stick, hair ties or headbands, and maybe a good book.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 6:48 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Camera with the film/memory card already in place and with fresh batteries/charge!
    Toiletries
    socks w/ no slip bottoms or slippers
    Your own PJ's with a button up top or a breast feeding gown.

My best advice is to have extra clothes for you and baby in case you end up needing to stay longer than expected. That way when you have to send DH home for more things he knows exactly what to get. (This is from experience. I got 3 calls form DH trying to find what I wanted him to bring me after my ER c-sec)
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:50 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Depending if you get cold easily, I would take a heavier blanket the hospital only gives you really thin ones almost like sheets
    bobbietrayer

Answer by bobbietrayer at 6:53 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• yourself and your insurance card.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 6:57 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I took camera,baby book, snacks, coins for vending machines, slippers, baby outfit, carseat, medical card,my outfit for way home,cell phone, things to keep busy,diaper bag, hospial will give pjs, robe for you, diapers and free samples for baby, not much else you do need.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 7:06 PM on Jan. 20, 2011