What is the best thing about YOUR religion (or the best thing about not having a religion)?

No need to put anyone else's religion down in this post. Just what you think is the best aspect of your own belief. I always like to hear positive aspects of everyone's beliefs :)

For me (I'm a Christian) I think it's knowing that anytime I have a question I can open the Bible and read what God's Word. There is something really comforting in that. Makes me feel like I'm never really alone :)

MonkeyPeanut79

Asked by MonkeyPeanut79 at 6:45 PM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am Christian. When I am feeling my worst I know I can talk to God and a swear feel him hug me in return. It is an amazing feeling to know that he is listening.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:46 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• i love the fact that in my religion i am not told what is wrong persay, it's just if you want good things to happen to you you do good things to other's and mind your own business
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 6:46 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• It soothes my soul.That's all I can say.
    GingerKitten

Answer by GingerKitten at 6:48 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Mine has no need for fellowship because each person has their own personal journey and relationship with the Supreme Being. Mine has no official name. I call it Synchronicity

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:48 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• When I go to Mass, I love the singing. Beautiful songs.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 6:50 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• We don't follow any certain religion, etc. I have comfort in knowing that everything comes back to you, and we do our best to be good people, help others, and live a good life.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 6:50 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Atheist, I enjoy not being told what is and isn't a sin and being judge by my choices.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:50 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I'm an atheist.  I like the freedom to be my own master.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:54 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Great Question and I love your responses. I too am a Christian. I feel the same way. I never have to be a lone because I always have God and His Word with me. My God has a plan for me because He knows what is best for me so I don't have to worry. God is in control! The greatest thing is that He sent His son Jesus to die on the cross for our sins so that we may have eternal life. It is a great feeling knowing that your are not going to live an eternaty in Hell. I am just Lost without God
    1911

Answer by 1911 at 6:55 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• not restricting myself from the pleasures of life. i live my life for me and the ppl i care about, not for some stupid rules
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 6:56 PM on Jan. 20, 2011