Any unique ideas for loot bags at 6 year olds birthday party?

Hey everyone! I'm looking for some ideas for loot bags at my sons birthday party. I know parents get tired of the whole 'bag full of candy and cheap toys' thing. Any ideas? Just a note, there will be girls and boys there, all around 6 years old. Thanks in advance!

Gandeluv

Asked by Gandeluv at 7:59 PM on Jan. 20, 2011 in General Parenting

• sometimes fast food places offer lil coupon books -- $1 buys 6 coupons for free small fry/small drink.
    i think its a cute idea for something different!
    sandjmom99

Answer by sandjmom99 at 8:44 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I once bought big plastic balls at Toys R Us and wrote each child's name on it in big letters with a sharpie. It was a huge hit. The parents loved not going home with more crap.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 8:03 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Color books, pencils, crayons, candy, small cars, animals. print out coloring pages off the internet, bubbles, ponytail holders for girls, plastic rings
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 8:02 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I once bought big plastic balls at Toys R Us and wrote each child's name on it in big letters with a sharpie. It was a huge hit. The parents loved not going home with more crap. "

That is such a cute idea! I might have to use that. :)

I was going to suggest things like colored pencils, a coloring book, stickers...or maybe a little craft project with all of the items to make it in the bag with instructions.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 8:20 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• This website has lots of fun stuff:  http://www.smalltoys.com/

Answer by rkoloms at 6:31 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I like the ball gift too.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 8:48 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Thanks everyone! Rkoloms, that website looks awesome! Too late to order for my sons bday, but I bookmarked it for my daughters!
    Gandeluv

Comment by Gandeluv (original poster) at 6:40 PM on Jan. 21, 2011