I want another baby!!!!!

My DS is going to be 3 soon and I really want another baby! I'm nearly 24 and I just have the urge to have another. We started trying a couple months ago and I just got my period yesterday...I'm kind of losing hope and I know it's still early in the "trying" phase but I'm super impatient and just want it to happen. Especially because everyone around me seems to be getting pregnant so easily!!! Any advice, tips??

XaviersMama311

Asked by XaviersMama311 at 8:05 PM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I also wanted to add that my SO and I had unprotected sex for about 2 years before I conceived my DS. So I think the fear of that happening again makes me even more impatient. We weren't actively TTC but we weren't preventing it either.
    XaviersMama311

Comment by XaviersMama311 (original poster) at 8:11 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• If your worried about a 2 yr repeat perhaps you should talk to your previous OB? Ask him/her how your uterus looks and if it is healthy enough to concieve in a decent time. If he/she says yes (obviously youd need a physical for an answer) than try to relax and not stress out to much, that will hinder the process. If no, than your OB will be able to point you in the direction of increasing your furtility. Good luck and sending you baby dust!!!!!!!!!!
    Bobbysgurl

Answer by Bobbysgurl at 8:16 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Are you charting cervical mucus, cervical position and basal body temperature?

Charting is the most accurate way to detect and confirm ovulation.

I didn't chart with my first one and it took a VERY VERY long time to get pregnant. With my last two babies I charted and got pregnant on the first try.

Taking Charge Of Your Fertility is a GREAT place to start!
    Anonymous

• IDK how to do any of that. Ive researched online and just get confused. I can read my cervical mucous pretty well and I have a program that keeps track of all my start and end of periods and gives me an idea of fertility time frames.
    XaviersMama311

Comment by XaviersMama311 (original poster) at 8:47 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Fertility calculators, calenders, etc are HIGHLY inaccurate. :( They work off the idea that all women ovulate on the 14th day of the month or the 14th day before the next expected cycle. Unfortunantly that is only true for a very small amount of women. A normal luteal phase is 11-16 days meaning that women with healthy luteal phases ovulate 11-16 days BEFORE the next expected period.

The problem with just having intercourse around that time is that some months we ovulate earlier than normal and some months we ovulate later then normal so without charting cervical mucus and cervical position you could miss your ovulation time.

Anonymous

• Get the book Taking Charge Of Your Fertility. It will teach you how to chart and significantly increase your chances of getting pregnant faster. There is also a course on www.fertilityfriend.com that you can take. It takes about 20 minutes.

If you've had issues TTC in the past it's REALLY IMPORTANT to learn more about how the female body works and how YOUR individual fertility works.

GOOD LUCK!
    Anonymous