im offended - vent have u had this expereince?

I got a ride via transportation company and was just making idle chit chat and said how i would like to to to Trader Joe's. I've heard some good things about it. The driver was like that is so expensive. I said yeah but may be worth it and they have some affordable products. Then he went to say people like "us" just go to the store and grab whatever. I took offense to it because I am not like him. I care about what goes into my body. Just because I live in Detroit I chose not to load my cubboards with over processed foods and sweets. I enjoy fresh frutis and vegatbles. I also enjoy fresh meat and tofu. I care about what i give my son and just don't grab what ever.

I told him no I actually care about what I get and what I feed my son. I go to th suburbs because shopping for fresh anything in the city is hard.

I know it is not a big deal ting but I hate when a person clumps me into a group I don't belong...lol it's not a 100% race thing the guy was Middle Eastern sooooooooooooooooooo dont matter lol

Jazmineamomma

Asked by Jazmineamomma at 8:18 PM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Shopping

• although you may not mean to, you come off sounding snobby. JMO. you may not shop like him, or like me, but that does not make you better. nobody should be put into a group, we all have 10 fingers and 10 toes! therefore, we ARE all alike! :)
    itzmyzoo

Answer by itzmyzoo at 8:26 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• thanks for the compliment lol
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 8:31 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Sucks that he offend you. But it's just something you gotta get over. People judge you everyday, it's life, this guy actually had the guts to say it to your face....
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 8:32 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• *sigh* I completely understand... I lived in the friggin ghetto with my ex husband, and I couldn't believe the crap people would feed their families. They would come knocking on my door wanting sugar, ketchup, etc. and then get pissed when I told them I didn't keep it in the house.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:32 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Im actually kind of offended by what you said. He was wrong for saying what he did.. But just because you "care about what goes into your body" doesnt mean people who shop at regular grocery stores do not care about what goes into their bodies. Just a thought! Lol. GL!
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 8:36 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• :) I took t more as "we" not rich people lol I gotta brush it off my shoulders lol ...@xxMasonMomma...LMAO girl u funny
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 9:53 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Whenever you're talking to someone you don't know well, they are talking to someone they don't know well.

It would be a good idea if, instead of looking for every possible opportunity to be offended... which is popular, but has no way of making you happy so I'd suggest finding a way to... find a way to recognize that people do not think 'how can I piss her off'. Really. Never.

Sometimes they lose their cool and say vicious things, 'cause they're mad --which is easy to forgive because mad people can't think. Sometimes they say stupid and ignorant things because they're stupid and ignorant, which obviously has nothing at all to do with you.

P.S. I didn't think Trader Joes was expensive at all... and they carry lots of excellent healthy food!
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 1:25 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I hear you OP. A few extra cents...............it's worth it for our health. I don't think you were being snobby. You were just trying to have a casual conversation and automatically he figures that you shop like him.

I agree with you............we don't all live on mac n cheese and hamburger helper!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:32 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• We Trader joes here and there not real exspensive there just anothert grocery store like fred meyers albertsons etc.....
    peace013

Answer by peace013 at 7:24 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• :) I like to try new foods and find things maybe my son may eat. He eats meat sometimes but loves fruit so I want to get good stuff for him. I'm trying to change my eating habits to lose some weight. I can't wait til I go to Trader Joe's :) It will be a fun adventure :)
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 8:14 PM on Jan. 21, 2011