How can I break him from sleeping on me and my husband at night?

My 2 month old son can nap by himself during the day, but at night, he won't stay asleep unless he's sleeping on my husband's, or my chest, or sleep right next to either of us. I'm trying to get him to sleep in his bed, but when I finally get him to sleep and lay him down, he'll sleep for about 10 minutes, and wake right back up. He won't go to sleep until one of us lets him sleep on us, then when we try to put him in his bed again, he wakes up again. How can I get this habit broken so that we can have a little time to ourselves, before his next feeding?

Momma_Neko

Asked by Momma_Neko at 5:24 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Get him on a steady bedtime routine. Like a bath, and song, then bedtime feeding (should be more than usual feedings) and stick to it, let him cry a tiny bit before putting him to sleep with you. My ds did the same thing, I barely broke him of his habit (hes almost 9 months) Ease him in to the transition, like a little less time every night, then after a couple weeks he should get the idea that at night- just like naptime- he sleeps in his own bed
    Anonymous

• try to put him to bed awake! he might cry for up to 15min. the first few nights but he will learn to comfort himself to sleep, this will help him go back to sleep at night by himself. Unless he is hungry!
    Anonymous