has anyone else ever dealt with mono??

my 3 yr old son has mono... no idea where he got it from! but im worried about him... just wondering if anyone else has dealt with this!??

sandjmom99

Asked by sandjmom99 at 8:34 PM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Health

• i've had mono three times. it does suck! make him rest, and or sleep if possible. with out enough rest or sleep, he can get it again. he most likely got from sharing a drink, or anything from mouth to mouth. poor kid, good luck!
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 9:11 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I had it when I was 17. I was out of school for, I think, 2 weeks. I ran really high temps and was hallucinating at one point. But once my temps came down to reasonable levels and I was well hydrated, I was just sick and lay in bed.

I hope he gets well soon. I think the most important thing is to keep any kid with a fever well hydrated and as comfortable as possible.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:40 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• My best friend had mono for a long time. She was very sick.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 8:35 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I had it when I was in pre-k. It was horrible! I was out for a week or so. But I was fine. Its nothing to worry about. Just sucks!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 8:36 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I had mono when I was 19 or 20. My older cousin had it at 18. My other cousins 3yr son just had it. They will be very sleepy. and Have bumps in there throat and swollen lymph nodes. I was tired nausious and had big knots on both sides of my neck and a swollen spleen
    1911

Answer by 1911 at 8:47 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Yep. I had it my sophomore year of high school. I did half days of school for three months. I was tired all the time. I had to resign from cheerleading due to possibility of spleen damage.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:48 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I had it for a long time and didn't even know it. I was so pale, SUPER tired - like, falling asleep everywhere - achy, etc. Only after I accidentally felt something protruding from my neck did I go to the hospital (had already been to a doc) and the ER nurse said she asked if I was tired a lot and said she was giving me a test for mono and sure enough, that's what I had. I had it for months and months before I knew what it was!
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 1:35 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I was 28 when I had it!!
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 1:36 AM on Jan. 21, 2011