Ugh!? How do I cook?

So I've tried probably 20 times to make country fried steak and each and every time my breading is barely there and its bland. What I did this last time was coat it in egg & buttermilk, salt & pepper and dipped in flour, then pan fried for what seemed like forever. What am I doing wrong? How can I get a even coat of flavorful batter to stick to these things?

MommaHerring

Asked by MommaHerring at 8:35 PM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Try using seasoned bread crumbs instead of the flour, or plain bread crumbs with salt and pepper, garlic powder and possibly basil.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 8:47 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• If you would like some healthy recipes, send me a message.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:46 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• You need to season the meat and the flour with salt & pepper, I like to use Lawrey's seasoned salt, you can even add a little garlic powder or hot pepper if you like that . Then let them sit for about 5-10 minutes , make sure you have the oil really hot. It should sizzle when you put the meat in. Then turn the heat down. That should solve the problem.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 10:51 AM on Jan. 21, 2011