Does anyone who a insulin pump? If so does it seem easy to use and were you nervous?

my4loves3

Asked by my4loves3 at 8:36 PM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Health

• My son(17 now) looked into it but he has a hard time controlling his sugars and so until he can do that he can not get a pump. He found out when he was almost 15 that he had type 1 so it is very hard for him being a teen and all.
    mollgirl

Answer by mollgirl at 8:59 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• My grandpa has an insulin pump, he had horrible sugar and and was unable to control it. But since he has been on it his numbers have been great. I have helped him change the site and watched my grandma feel up his insulin and it does not seem hard at all. Alot easier than regulating shots everyday. Good luck !!
    MrS.ChArLtOn

Answer by MrS.ChArLtOn at 11:06 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I have worked with patients with them. They end up more stable daily sugars and their over all 3 month HggbA1c is much better. It will let you know if you need more insulin it gives you less room for error, pl;us less daily needle sticks!:)
    21lisa72

Answer by 21lisa72 at 11:30 PM on Jan. 20, 2011