Is she ready getting ready to potty train?

DD is 16months old (almost). She absolutely can not stand to have a wet diaper on. The second she wets her diaper she takes it off (sometimes a little too early). And when she makes a messy diaper she comes to me imeaditally to have me change her, and is upset if i dont get the soiled diaper off fast enough. We have had a few fluke times where i have put her on the potty before a bath and she has gonte, or where i cetch her about to poo and set her on and she goes. When she uses the potty she gets excited and claps and sas yay. Also she is becoming increasingly interested in following me into the bathroom to see what i am doind and likes to flush the potty for me. My issue is that she cant (or wont) use words to tell me when she has gone, so i know she wont tell me when she has to go. Should i start to train her now, or wait untill she will talk to me? (she can talk, she just usually wont)

mommy2alissa

Asked by mommy2alissa at 5:26 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• honestly, i did the 3 day potty training method with my daughter when she was 19 months old, and she showed absolutely no signs of wanting to be potty-trained prior to that. but it worked! it also took a long time after potty training her for her to actually tell me she had to go. i just knew when she would need to and led her to the bathroom. or, i would have her little potty sitting on the floor in the bathroom, and i would leave that light on, and she would run in there by herself and go. good luck!
    Michelle451

Answer by Michelle451 at 5:35 PM on Nov. 13, 2008