Is this even possible?

A friend of mine all of a sudden announced she is pregnant and knows it's a boy at 13 weeks 6 days. I didn't think that was even possible. She says she got a sono today and it clearly shows a boy. Is this possible? If not, could she have gotten some kind of genetic testing like CVS and found out but is too embarassed to admit this? She is older (38).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:38 PM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I always thought the sonos said at 20 weeks. The only thing i could think of was that she had the sonogram and it just seemed like a boy to her? Unless there is newfounded equipment or she used that thing that predicts a babys gender real early..i dont know..i didnt think it was possibe either. The baby doesnt really form gender body parts for alittle while yet. Sounds like your friend realyl wants a boy though.
    Bobbysgurl

Answer by Bobbysgurl at 8:42 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I found out the sex of my boy at 14w i believe.. And i took a gender prediction test from rite aid.. And it predicted a girl. So i wouldn't say it was that, some babies just develop faster i guess..
    sbushman13011

Answer by sbushman13011 at 8:43 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• i duno....i thought that owuld be too early as well. google it?
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 8:43 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• It is possible to an extent. When I went in for my ultrasound at 13 weeks I was told 60 percent chance of a girl. At that point their genitals are developing so it can't be a completly accurate reading.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 8:44 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• And they were correct. I had a girl.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 8:45 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I had a us at 13 weeks and my doctor wouldn't look to see because he said they were still developing but when I had the next us at 17 weeks he told me he was 95% sure it was a girl.
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 9:22 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• no, its can only be a guess, at 13 weeks their is only a nub in a few more weeks it will either turn into a penis and testicles or a vagina, but at this point boys and girls look the same. my frined was going by the "nub theroy" and thought the exact same that it was a boy, went out a bought a few boy cloths and all at a latter 20wk ultrasound turns out its a girl!
    SimplyErathy

Answer by SimplyErathy at 9:38 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I found out at 19 weeks................I think she's just going off of a guess.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:38 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• i think that she just heard the word boy lol
    stromy147

Answer by stromy147 at 3:02 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I had an early sono too and another at 20 weeks. The gender prediction was the same both times and they were correct on boy
    carolinagirl075

Answer by carolinagirl075 at 9:45 AM on Jan. 21, 2011