How can I get the neighbor's to stop being rude?

I just move out of state 2 months ago. I live waaaaaaaaaaay out in the country. I have one family near me. They are antisocial and when my dog barks they blow an air horn and scream and cuss. It only makes the dog bark worse. They have done this at all hours. They live quite a ways from my house. They walk through a pasture to the property line to do this. I have never said anything. My dog comes in at night. thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:44 PM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Pets

• I would start recording and documenting their weird behavior.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:48 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I would personally video tape them doing this, record them, photos and notes and times/dates and get them for harassment. They are encouraging the dog to bark and egging it on. I would then call the cops on them.
    But, at the same time you'll have to be proactive with your dog and "train" it not to bark, show that you are working on it and they are not helping. I would flip it on them as being harassing while you are trying to fix the situation.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 8:49 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• i agree with sleepingbeautee.....but ur in the country...people do things a bit diff there....welcome to the back woods hun....j/k...have you tried to talk to them at all?
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 8:50 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Well not to be rude but I had a neighbor who's dog barked all the time and I was trying to get my baby to sleep. You say they blow th air horn when your dog barks, so if they have done this at all hours, does your dog bark through the night? That would drive me nuts and I don't blame your new neighbors. Yes I am a dog owner and you can control your dog.
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 8:50 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• if they do this all thru the night BUT you are keeping your dog in at night? how is your dogs barking causing them to blo the horn if ur dog is not outside?
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 8:53 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• So, if you are bringing him/her in at night, how are they blowing the air horn at all hours?? It sounds like you either need to go out with him/her everytime or train him/her NOT to bark. These people do sound a little "crazy" to walk across your pasture just to blow the horn. Seeing them is probably what is making him/her bark! You might want to be careful because these people may just be crazy enough to harm your dog (shoot/poison him/her).
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 9:25 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• people are scared of change and even tho you may think their behavior is odd, Im sure they are worried about who you are and what your all about. Have u tried to go over there and bring them a "neighborly gift" and introduce ur self ?
    mistik75

Answer by mistik75 at 10:02 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• i went over the other day and took 3 puppies with me. these are reg pomeranian puppies. i introduced myself and apologized for any noises my dog makes. God gave them voices just like us. I think he meant for them to use them. They invited me in and we talked for over two hours. i offered them a puppy but they have 2 dogs (that bark by the way). as for the air horn all hours, my pom comes in at night. they did it at all hours to make me mad. they apologized. so we are good now. why do people jump to the conclusion that because they blew the horn in the middle of the night meant my dog was barking? they also would pull up to my drive way and shine a flash light in my bedroom window. my dog didnt bark when they did that! i lay awake at night watching to see if they put poison in my yard. i always go out with her. they do it right in front of me. i just get her and walk away. yes she barks because she see's them or their dogs.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:16 PM on Feb. 5, 2011