Has anybody ever bled or been on there period while pregnant

has anybody ever bled or been on there period while pregnant???...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:53 PM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Not me, but my aunt had periods until she was 5 months pregnant. She was also nearly 200 pounds overweight --I don't know if it was related.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 8:56 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I spotted through out my whole pregnancy with my 2nd baby.
    Candie2008

Answer by Candie2008 at 8:56 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• people call it a period all the time but it is not a menstrual period in medical technical terms. You have to ovulate and shed the lining to mensturate. What you can have while pregnant is implantation bleeding but this happens very early on in the pregnancy, before a test can usually detect but there is also another period like bleeding called decidual bleeding that some women have quite a bit of at different points in their pregnancies.
    Crystal8327

Answer by Crystal8327 at 9:01 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• ooo ok then just trying to get some answers i had started spotting a few days ago it got lil heavier sine then went to the ER took my blood its 1500 but tommorow i call to see if they doubled havent been in any pain or anything just anxious hope its a period :-*
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:03 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• but most of the time if you got a positive pregnancy test and later on bled its most likely an early miscarriage I have had more then one of these instances. The decidual bleeding only occurs in 10% of pregnant woman. Go to the dr either way.
    Crystal8327

Answer by Crystal8327 at 9:04 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• so you got a blood test that says you are pregnant? i would go back soon.
    Crystal8327

Answer by Crystal8327 at 9:05 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• i have already confirmed my pregnancy they just did HCG levels to see if they rose today i call tommorow to get th results and im 7 weeks very early my cousin had period like bleeding till 4 months though i misscarried before and it was more blood then this so i will find out soon
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:08 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Good luck.
    Crystal8327

Answer by Crystal8327 at 9:42 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I am 7 weeks and been bleeding for a week and a half. It is brown but at times it is heavy. I went to the Dr. and they did an ultrasound and baby was the size it was suppose to be and had a good heartbeat. the Dr. said that some women do this and it is from the placenta attaching and it takes a while for the blood to come out so that is why it is brown. He said I may do this for a couple more weeks. And he said not to have sex until I quit.
    saysmom

Answer by saysmom at 10:55 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Yes, i started bleeding at 14 weeks, went to the ER thanks to God everything was ok. The doctor told me its completely normal, he also said many women experience bleeding at some point in the pregnancy.
    Izabellasmami

Answer by Izabellasmami at 12:16 PM on Jan. 21, 2011