What kind of dad does this??

My husband recently screwed up big time. He was in another state working, we were to move with him next week. Well Sunday when I asked how much money do we have, etc for the move he said $1000. I'm like, what happened to it all? We have bills he says. Not thousands of dollars of bills.....anyways. So I check acct to see he wasted $3000 partying, not first time he has wasted money while we were apart by distance. I said that's it, I'm not coming there, and this marrige right now isn't going to last. Obviously other issues, but.
My question is, he hasn't called or msg since then. Our 2 1/2 yr old son has even called and left vm, to which he never responded. His mother said he doesn't want to talk to anyone, he is contemplating everything. Well, I in the meantime have filed for child support, applied for assitance (because without him, have nothing). I don't understnad how he could blow all that money on strippers, bars and clubs and restaurants knowing we were to move. But how could he not call his own little guy? I see now I am making the right decision, but I don't understand men. They want a child so bad, but then don't man up and care for their emotional well being. Why, why, why?? Especially when he is a child whose dad was in and out of his life too. I just don't get it and am so sad for my children....at least the 15 m old doesn't know what's going on.

2BlondeBabies

Asked by 2BlondeBabies at 9:03 PM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• I'm so sorry for you and your children. It's one thing to blow money and treat you like you don't matter but to do that to your children, that is unacceptable. Good for you for being a strong, good Mama and making the best decision for your kiddos! More women should take a page out of your book and put their children first! I hope that he will realize what he has done and the mistake he has truly made, but sadly enough, some men just don't care. Good luck to you! :)
    KamAndKingsMama

Answer by KamAndKingsMama at 2:40 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Men are selfish. All they think about themselves.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 9:07 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Make a trip with what her nice smile? He just wasted 3,000 on thin air.

I could eat for a year on that.
    Anonymous

• I am so sorry sweetie. He is a selfish jerk. You did the right things so far. Doesnt he know what it feels like having a dad come and go!? Tell him or leave a message and let him knkw that he can not come and go he needs to make adecsion and stick with it bc you are not going to put the children through all this. Either he is going to be a dad or he isnt. He isnt being a man he is being a little boy
    sunsetbeach81

Answer by sunsetbeach81 at 9:18 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Sounds like with his Dad in and out, he's doing the same. I'm sorry. Very selfish to take the money and squander it.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:21 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I would get someone to watch the little guy and make a trip to see him and see whats going on.
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 9:14 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• agree and they can keep things nice for them as long as it is them, them, them,
    clean the tub after they use it, NO
    clean a dish after eating on it, NO
    Wipe off a toilet once a year, NO
    lend a hand to do anything that doesn't just require a car, a gadget, or a machine, NO
    Give a shoulder to you to have for stressed moments, NO

THINGS THEY DO
    _______________
    grocery shop
    fix a car
    cause fights
    Anonymous

• I don't need to make a trip. It's in black and white. AND he told me he wen to come strip clubs. And when $200 comes outta the atm and another 200 or 300 that same night, and it's at a gas station right down the road from the strip club. Come on, I'm not idiot. He is living 1000 miles away, and I lived there before while he was on active duty training where he is. I know the area. I know how to google and look at maps, he is a pilot....he taught me how to do all that shit.

I left him a email saying he has obviusly made his decision. The writing is on the wall. Actions speak louder than words, or in his case lack of words.
    2BlondeBabies

Comment by 2BlondeBabies (original poster) at 9:25 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Is he in the military then? Because he has to give you money to live on and you can have it put directly in your account before he gets paid.
    sarchasmicangel

Answer by sarchasmicangel at 10:02 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• It sounds like to me he found someone else. He might as well come clean, his marriage is on the line. Tell him you can't live like this and you don't have to either. He's only thinking of himself and nobody else. MEN!
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:45 AM on Jan. 21, 2011