Why would he think he could do that???

My ex walked out on me and my dd when I was pregnant. We didn't get visitation or child support orders till she was 2 and he never gave me anything for her. He has a "friend" who is pregnant and found out that it is a girl. He called me and told me that he had told her that she could have some of my dd's clothes from when she was a newborn and she would be coming to my house to pick up some of them. I told him no way, I bought all those clothes and I am keeping them because I plan on having more children. He said that because she is his dd too, he is entitled to half of them. He also told me that he wants to give her the stroller that his mom gave me at my babyshower. I told him that I used it for three years, so it is in pretty bad condition and that even if I hadn't donated it to goodwill, I still wouldn't HAVE to give it to her because it was given to me as a gift. He said that she doesn't have any money to buy these things. I told him if I wasn't going to use them again, I would have already donated them to goodwill but as I do plan on using them, I am sorry that she needs them but it's not my job to provide for her child. He got mad. I almost wonder if the baby is his because he is getting so pissed about it. He is halfway across the world for the Army but he did come on a visist a few months ago (didn't bother to see my dd though). I just can't figure out what in the world he was thinking trying to give her things that I bought!!!!

JLS2388

Asked by JLS2388 at 9:06 PM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• ummm NO. you stand your ground and tell him hell no, this is my stuff im keeping it. he must be dreaming or something!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:08 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Wow that is kind of ballsy of him.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 9:08 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Wow, he sounds like a dumbass... No offense, lol. I too cannot understand why he would try to give away things that you bought. Especially when he didnt even help you.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 9:08 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Wow....no way. I would tell him he could buy his "friend" stuff if she needs it that bad and if he is that concerned abt it. He aounds like an ass and I would tell him to get bent.
    sunsetbeach81

Answer by sunsetbeach81 at 9:11 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• im with alanaplus3, wtf? i would tell him hell no!
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 9:26 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• tell him no. they were bought by u and giving to u as gifts he has no claim on them.
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 9:29 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• oh yeah and tell him she can have the things he bought for your daughter :p which is nothing :p
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 9:50 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Now, he has just texted me saying that as he is now paying back child support from when she was a baby, all the clothes are half his. I told him they are not his, I bought them and I kept them nice and I have put them away for another baby not him.
    JLS2388

Comment by JLS2388 (original poster) at 9:54 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Wow. Tell him he wasn't married to her, he's not entitled to half of her things- it's his KID. What an idiot.
    ceemuhreeashbee

Answer by ceemuhreeashbee at 10:09 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Oh hell no! Don't give that douche a damn thing! What an ass!
    Astraea_79

Answer by Astraea_79 at 10:40 PM on Jan. 20, 2011