What could be the cause of me showing at only 6 weeks pregnant?

Austens_Mommy06

Asked by Austens_Mommy06 at 3:45 PM on Jul. 7, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Either you're gaining water weight, have been eating too much, or you're further along then you thought.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 3:46 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• water weight, candy:)
    emmasmom25

Answer by emmasmom25 at 3:49 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• I agree with Amethystrse but also if you havent had a sonagram it could be twins, that makes you get bigger faster
    HisNightshade

Answer by HisNightshade at 3:50 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• you might be bloated!! im only 8 weeks and 3 days and i have a little bump too. im figuring its bc y stomach was kinda flat before and im a pretty skinny girl. i just took a pic of my stomach haha you should look at it lol.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 3:51 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• sometimes if its your 2nd pregnancy you start to show faster...
    or it can be just extra water weight, and sometimes you think you are showing, but it is not as noticeable to others, it's just that you feel bloated.
    TinaBeena1216

Answer by TinaBeena1216 at 4:43 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• There's a good chance it is water weight or bloating. However, if it's your second+ pregnancy and especially if you had your last child not that long ago, you can show faster. For instance, I got pregnant a few months after my son turned 1. At two months pregnant I looked 6 months pregnant!
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 6:25 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• If it's your second child, you often show earlier. I have a friend who is 17 weeks pregnant with her second child (and no, it's not twins) who looks about 6 months pregnant. She started showing at 7 weeks.
    jilby

Answer by jilby at 8:12 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• If this is your 2+ pregnancy, you will be showing faster...aside from water weight and bloating, it could be constipation too. I know its gross, but its one of those awful pregnancy symptoms that hit me right away.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 11:37 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• multiple babies...sorry, but its true -- happened to me.
    isaboo22

Answer by isaboo22 at 4:58 PM on Jul. 9, 2008