tell him the truth on how I feel about marriage/or not?

My guy and I have been living together now for 8 months last week we went to my sis wedding before that he had mentioned being married now after the wedding all he talks about is us being married I'm getting to the point that I had enough already and there are days that I think I would like to be married one day and their are days that I don't think so. My guys doesn't really know how I feel and I don't want to hurt his feeling because he has plans of getting married he did mentioned that If I don't want to get married he will never bring it up again and won't get married. I don't want this to happen what should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:31 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Relationships

• I wouldn't even say you're not ready or don't want to "now" just say something like "in a couple years" or something next time he brings it up so he doesn't think you're turning him down, but he doesn't think you're ready to rush to the altar with him.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 6:13 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Maybe try to tell him how you feel. That you aren't sure that you want to be married, but that it doesn't mean that you don't want to be. Just that you aren't ready to make that decision yet. You could even say that you will bring it up when you are ready for the decision. But make sure that you assure him that you care for him and love him (if you do).
    r2mommy

Answer by r2mommy at 5:36 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Be honest! tell him your not ready for that yet. maybe in a few years you'll be ready.
    Anonymous

• If you are not ready for marriage just be honest with him, if you think that he's just not the one you want to marry, than you should move on so that you can both find the right one.
    C_Nelson

Answer by C_Nelson at 5:55 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• tell him that way he can decide whether he is wasting his time on you or not. it's only fair. i don't see what difference you guys have going on if your living together already accept level of commitment.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 5:56 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I agree. Just tell him you would like to be married some day. But it is still too soon to talk about it. It's only been 8 months and you guys are still getting to know each other.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 5:57 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Yes, tell him. If he wants marriage and won't be happy without it, which may not be an issue, then he needs to know.

Answer by Bmat at 5:57 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Tell him the honest truth. No woman wants a man to lead her on about such things so don't do that to him either.
    Anonymous