Would you take your kids out of school for a HAIR appointment?

I'm debating about doing this. The only salon that I can go to (that speaks English) goes by appointment only. They get booked pretty quickly for weekends and I don't get the only vehicle we have very often since hubby works during the day, but I do get it for appointments. And I've already had to cancel getting my daughter's hair cut twice because it's during odd hours. So I thought as I was signing my girls out of school for a Dr appt...would it be okay to do it for a hair appointment? My daughter has endured enough "rat nest" tangles and wants is somewhat manageable so I'm trying to get her an appt for her hair to get cut. But I was wondering...would it be acceptable to remove the kids from school for a hair cutting appointment? ((Dr Appts are more a serious reason to get them out of school...so I figured I'd ask about hair.))

Editing to add:  It's not going to be a frequent thing.  They only get their hair cut every couple of years...so I figured it might be a just this once type thing.

Imortlmommy

Asked by Imortlmommy at 9:47 PM on Jan. 20, 2011 in

• I wouldn't.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 9:48 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• If it were a class like PE -- and they needed it --- and there was nothing major happening at school at that moment ...
    Probably still -- not :-)
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 9:49 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Well if I had too, I would do it toward the end of the day so she didn't miss much class time.
    sheer_heart

Answer by sheer_heart at 9:50 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• lol maybe don't send her at all that day and write a sick note?
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:50 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• No, I would not find that an acceptable reason. Find another salon or wait until you can get her in on the weekend.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:50 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I would! Who cares! Teaches spend most of their time repeating the same concepts anyways! Unless if its a test day or the week before finals I wouldn't worry about it at all :) Be the cool Mama you know you are ;)
    CayShek

Answer by CayShek at 9:50 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I wouldn't. It's not really a good reason to miss school.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 9:50 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• No. Unless it's prom. That's probably the only reason I'd take my child out of school to get their hair done.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 9:50 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• No

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:50 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I wouldn't either. She needs to be kept in school, education is way more important than hair.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 9:51 PM on Jan. 20, 2011