milk?????

Sometimes my son wants choc milk and sometimes he wants white milk. Is one or the other ok as long as he's drinking milk????

XaviersMama311

Asked by XaviersMama311 at 9:49 PM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i wish my 3yr would drink milk!! as long as hes drinking milk id give him whatever kind he wants.
    youngmami07

Answer by youngmami07 at 9:50 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• it's fine as long as he isn't wanting choc all the time, that's my opinion, because of the sugar
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:50 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• How old is this baby? I cannot answer this without knowing his age!
    Hugeat8wks

Answer by Hugeat8wks at 9:51 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• youngmami07..same thing here. & my sons the same age
    hellokitty1978

Answer by hellokitty1978 at 9:52 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I say it's fine. My ped. Told me to try the sugar free kind to get my daughter to drink milk, now all she drinks is strawberry milk.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 9:54 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• He will be 3 in early March.
    XaviersMama311

Comment by XaviersMama311 (original poster) at 9:54 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• He doesn't need milk (unless he is a baby cow). He should be drinking plenty of water. . Like many other nutrients, and despite the claims of the dairy industry, plant based calcium is superior to animal based. While cow mild is rich in protein, the kind of protein that is contains is casein, while human milk protein is lactalbumin, with is easily digestible; more the 50% of casein isn’t digested and can cause health problems later in life, like food allergies.  Here is some of what the doctors at the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine say: http://www.pcrm.org/health/prevmed/building_bones.html

Answer by rkoloms at 9:56 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Chocolate in moderation, but as long as he's drinking milk it should be fine. Mine drinks the Vanilla soy milk, but I try to switch it back and forth because of sugars.
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 9:57 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• hellokitty1978 i started putting a lil milk in my sons cereal bowl, and he drinks that after the cereal is gone, but other than that, he doesn't drink milk. but he makes up for it in yogurt and cheese lol
    youngmami07

Answer by youngmami07 at 9:58 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Buy organic chocolate milk mix. It's healthier
    sarchasmicangel

Answer by sarchasmicangel at 10:19 PM on Jan. 20, 2011