1st kick...

When the baby 1st starts to kick what does it feel like? Being that this is my 1st pregnancy and I am 18 weeks and not showing at all, I am not sure what they are suppose to feel like. I felt a light thump on my right side when I was letting my hand rest on my belly.

annabelle092810

Asked by annabelle092810 at 9:51 PM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It feels amazing!! I kind of felt like bubbles at first to me. And then like thumps. I used to lay on my side and set the remote on my belly and watch it move =)
    XaviersMama311

Answer by XaviersMama311 at 9:53 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• when i first felt my son moving it felt like muscle spasms
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 9:53 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• feels like butterflies in your tummy at first, as you get farther along, you can actually see you belly move when the baby kicks. its amazing :)
    youngmami07

Answer by youngmami07 at 9:54 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• It can feel like a light bump or flutter.I'm only 9 wks I can't wait til I feel my baby start moving!
    Hugeat8wks

Answer by Hugeat8wks at 9:56 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• It feels like light butterflies or tiny bubbles. awww... congrats on your first pregnancy!

sheer_heart

Answer by sheer_heart at 9:59 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• lol it felt like gas...
    i was lying on my belly, and about four months. i was reading, and suddenly it dawned on me that the little bubbles/gas feelings i was having were my baby, kickin around in there. when you recognize it, it's an amazing feeling. and then you notice when the baby is awake or asleep, things like that. it's the best thing about being pregnant; i miss it so much!
    congrats, mama!
    AngryBob

Answer by AngryBob at 10:06 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• this is my first and around 17weeks it felt like butterflys and bubbles insidebut as the days gradually go on it gets stronger... i am 27weeks now and you can see her movements without touching her sometimes i think that shes trying to be a boxer lol it is wonderful.... :)
    nasreen19

Answer by nasreen19 at 11:43 PM on Jan. 22, 2011