Ex wife...

How do you deal with an ex wife? My husband and her share a daughter so I have a step daughter. She tries to use my SD against my husband when she is not getting her way. She is preg. now and is calm, however I know she is going to go back to the way she was after this baby is born. How am I suppose to deal? I try to stay out of it and keep my mouth shut only voicing my opinion to my husband. But as time goes by, I know that sooner or later I will say something.

annabelle092810

Asked by annabelle092810 at 9:56 PM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• IDk but good luck. And yes, remember, it is best to only voice your opinion to him. Be the bigger person as hard as it is.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:58 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• My husband has a horrible ex wife, has always used her son as a pawn with my husband. She has seriously made our lives VERY difficult. But then she is mentally unstable. In your situation, a new baby just might help. But DO NOT say anything. Always be coridal and polite, as if it is a business relationship. ALWAYS take the high road, it is HARD, I know, but do not tap into her games. You should both just always do the right thing, and trust me, keep a paper trail. Keep all emails, record all wrong doings, you just never know when it could go to court and you want to be prepared. My husband divorced his ex in 1995. She just recently took him to court in 2010!!! She is relentless! GL.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 9:59 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• gramsmom said it very well--look at it like a business relationship. If you feel the need to voice, voice only to your DH, not to her. Yes, it is very hard, but you will benefit in the end.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:19 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• my husbands ex wife started her game playing etc with him and their daughter after we got married. He just took her to court and got full custody of her so he didn't have to deal with her shit and he could raise his daughter without a tug of war.
    RentaMom

Answer by RentaMom at 12:51 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• My husband was married once before but thank goodness he didn't have any children with that creature so I don't have to deal with her at all. I wish I had some better advice for you but I don't.
    KamAndKingsMama

Answer by KamAndKingsMama at 2:31 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I think sooner is always better than later at least from me stand point. Say it now and say it every time you need to. It most likely will not change things but you will feel better. Holding in only hurts you, no one else feels a thing.

rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 3:32 AM on Jan. 21, 2011