Why does my son eat like this????

My DS will be 3 in March and he is typically a great eater!! Today has been weird though. He just wants to snack all day. For breakfast all he wanted was a yogurt and milk. Then for lunch I gave him spaghetti and applesauce and he didn't want the spaghetti. Now he wants goldfish and pineapple and a fruit poptart. He LOVES any and all kinds of fruit, but sometimes that's all he wants. He's also really picky about meats and trying new things. He'll eat hamburger mixed in with rice but won't eat just a burger and he wont eat taco meat on a tortilla shell? If I try to get him to try something he just gags and nearly throws up. Sometimes I sneak it into his mouth and he'll gag and once he realizes it's good then he wants more. Any tips, advice??

XaviersMama311

Asked by XaviersMama311 at 10:01 PM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Just keep offering him different things. In time his tastes will change. My youngest is really picky too but he is slowly starting to try new things.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 10:04 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• oh gosh, i hope u get some answers on this, cause this sounds like my almost 3 yr old son too
    JaydnsMom22

Answer by JaydnsMom22 at 10:04 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Hes developing his own senses just keep trying to give him different things. Right now my DS will only eat chicken but I still try to sneak in other stuff.
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 10:06 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• One thing that works with us is -- I tell my DD that I am making something new and I need someone to "try" it with me because I am scared to taste it alone. SHe almost always agrees and usually wants us to "try" it at the same time. More often than not -- she LOVES what I only want her to try! Unless it's peas -- then she promptly makes herself throw-up!
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 10:06 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Please read this before feeding a child poptarts:  http://workoutmommy.com/2008/01/29/pop-tart-for-breakfast-think-again/

Answer by rkoloms at 6:34 AM on Jan. 21, 2011