Bumpping his head????

My son is 8mo. and is sitting up and standing up, he falls ALOT and bumps his head about 3 times a day if not more . Is this ok or should I stop him so he dont hit his head anymore??? This is my first kid can you tell??? lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:36 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• lol. how funny! My ds almost 9 months falls too sometimes, he's learning to stand alone. I was wondering the same thing. I was worried when he would sit and fall and hit his head. I just told myself what the pp's said
    Anonymous

• thats how my baby learned how to sit,wed let her fall a few times,i wouldnt let him fall every time,but a few,they gotta learn.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 5:38 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• As long as he is only falling from his own height he should be fine, But if he is falling off of things I would try to stop him before he hits his head. Also as long as he stops crying right away afte you pick him up he should be ok. If you have trouble getting him to stop crying I'd call the dr.
    Anonymous

• yeah that's normal when they're learning...it's just like learning to ride a bike, you gotta fall a few times before you get it right. lol, my son fell out of the backseat of my car and hit the cement and he was laughing 2 seconds after it happened. he's perfectly fine. I think kids were made with thick heads because of the "learning stage"...lol
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 5:52 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• My daughter will be 9 months on the 20th and she climbs on everything and cracks her head on something once and a while but if they don't do it they will never learn! I try preventing the fall but it doesn't always happen!
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 6:23 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• If he's on the floor when it happens, he shouldn't get hurt unless he's hittting something other than the floor. Remove things that he may be hitting himself on if possible, and there are bumpers you can put on other things...or just try to keep your baby out of rooms with painful things. Babyproofing! :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 7:39 PM on Nov. 13, 2008