Are big all out weddings in poor taste when the bride is extremely pregnant?

I was just on fb looking at a friend of a friends wedding pics and she had an all out southern baptist formal wedding and had to be at least 8 months pregnant. It just all looked tacky. I mean, if they wanted to get married, they should have done it before she was so close to delivery or simplified it - alot. Some of the pics are of the groom all huggy/kissy on her baby bump. I am by no means a prude but come on. The grandparents looked like they were relieved that the couple were getting married but a bit embarrassed by all the hoopla. Her dad looked a bit grim as well. Is this what they want for their keepsake wedding album?

etown2reds

Asked by etown2reds at 10:22 PM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• No- Just because you're pregnant doesn't mean you can't have the day you've always dreamed of!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 10:25 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• So a couple who are expecting a child should either have a wedding before she starts showing, or hang their head in shame and be embarrassed to have a wedding?
    I guess that makes no sense to me.
    SpaceToast

Answer by SpaceToast at 10:26 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Your reasoning makes no sense to me. It was their day and their choice...who are you to decide if it was appropriate or not? They are the ones who have to live with their choice, not you.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 10:28 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Oh, and APPARENTLY it IS what hey want for their keepsakes in their wedding album.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 10:29 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I can understand what you are saying.. but if a couple is planning a wedding for a year and have all their stuff set up, why should her pregnancy stop them from sharing this day? I mean a wedding isnt about what other ppl think.. its how you feel about the person your marrying. If was planning a wedding and got pregnant I would be proud to show my pregnant self in a wedding dress! this is just my opinion
    annabelle092810

Answer by annabelle092810 at 10:31 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• What's done is done. It's their memories. I see nothing wrong with it. They can still say they did what they hoped for and they got married before the baby was born so all seems fine.
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 10:32 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• The goal of most people is to only get married once, so they should not have the wedding of their dreams because she is pregnant? Uh... NO!

Your judgmental rudeness is what is TACKY!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:32 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I know I wouldn't like someone judging how I decide to have my wedding. It was THEIR day, they can do it how they want. I think it is more important for them to be happy than to worry about what others might think that she is pregnant when they got married. I know a friend of mind was 6 months pregnant (but looked about 9 months pregnant) when she got married. They were engaged and planning the wedding when she got pregnant. They had money down on things and she didn't want to lose her money on anything and she wanted to have the wedding she wanted. Granted, she DID need to change her dress, but that was about all she had to change.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:33 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I think most big, lavish weddings are in poor taste... nothing to do with the state of the bride's hymen.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 10:34 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• i wouldnt choose it for myself, i would have probably waited (well i did wait but i also had a very small wedding by choice) until the baby was born, but its not my wedding
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 10:35 PM on Jan. 20, 2011