What would you say is the hardest thing about being a parent is?

Asked by UniqueMarie at 10:25 PM on Jan. 20, 2011 in General Parenting

• amount patience you have to have

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:26 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• The amount of silence that works better than any amount of words...

Answer by LindaClement at 10:33 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Trying to understands why other kids say awful things about one of your kids and remaining calm as you hear it or are being told about it..

Answer by sheer_heart at 10:37 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• A better question would be, what is the easiest thing about being a parent.. and that answer would be having the kid! After that, there really is nothing easy... Even when they get older. LOL!!

Answer by m-avi at 10:38 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• the hardest part is let go when your kids leave home all you want to do hold tight
    but you know you can't

Answer by dutchcanadain at 10:45 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Having patience!!

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 10:54 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I agree with patience. Remembering that she is just a child, a toddler, in fact. That she doesn't always realize what she is doing is unacceptable......making sure if I do overreact that I tell her that I'm sorry and Mama made a mistake. I think the hardest part is keeping everything balanced.

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:55 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• having to watch your child be life flighted to the hospital...wasnt allowed to go! so not seeing them breath!

Answer by meglynn0919 at 12:02 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Having patience and trying to figure out your child.

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:24 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Everything!!! Responsibility for someone else's life, watching that adorable baby grow into a "meany" teenager, dealing with all the judgement we face as mothers, being confident in your choices (stay home vs. work, public vs. private school, organic food, church, etc, etc), dealing with sickness, not knowing how it will all turn out....i could go on and on.......the hardest thing in life to do, but the most rewarding!!!!

Answer by 2boyz2pray4 at 12:07 PM on Jan. 21, 2011