Does anyone have pain around their epidural site?

I had my baby boy (second pregnancy) six months ago and the area around my epidural site is STILL tender to the touch. Has anyone else had this problem? What could this be?

CillaTexas

Asked by CillaTexas at 5:38 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Pregnancy

• The site didn't hurt, but 12 mos later my tailbone is still sore.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 7:52 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I have, after my second birth. It took a while to go away, a few months if I remember correctly.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 5:55 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I've heard a lot of people say there lots of side effects to the epidural, so i'm sure thats probably nothing to worry about. I really don't know though because i had one with my son and never had any kind of pain because of it.
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 6:42 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• The epidural needle is rather big. It could have left you quite a bruise. I had a spinal so I would not have the bruising.
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 6:45 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Wow, that's a long time! I'd probably ask a doc about it, just in case something else is going wrong.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 6:46 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I also have tenderness where they put in my epidural. I have read that it's just a side effect. It's supposed to go away in about 6-8 months, but I have talked to several women on here that have had it for years!
    emslala

Answer by emslala at 12:42 PM on Nov. 14, 2008