Has anyone attended Penn Foster?

UniqueMarie

Asked by UniqueMarie at 10:39 PM on Jan. 20, 2011 in

• Awhile back I did sign up, but after I realized what the training was all about, I found out that most of the stuff was available for FREE online. LOL! I dropped out promptly.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:41 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• What courses were you taking?

UniqueMarie

Comment by UniqueMarie (original poster) at 10:42 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Computer Design (HTML) and such
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:43 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• OK I am looking into the early childhood education coarse but am not sure about the whole online classes & if it would be worth the money.

UniqueMarie

Comment by UniqueMarie (original poster) at 10:45 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I'm not sure about that one. I found out that I could learn just as much online for free in web design as I could with their program that was going to cost me about $700.00. But, I didn't know that until they sent me the program guide and the work books. Ugh...
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:59 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Stay away from for-profit schools. They exist, by law, to make money for their owners/shareholders; education is not their priority. When I was in HR, I did not interview candidates from the for-profit schools.

Start with a community college; they will likely have many classes on line and the credits will easily transfer to a state university.

Have a couple of informational interviews with people in your chosen field to help you determine whether or not this is the right career choice for you. Check to see if there are open jobs in this field, too

Answer by rkoloms at 6:45 AM on Jan. 21, 2011