Dental work during pregnancy

In which trimester(s) can dental work be done? I'm worried it's too late, I think I've read that dental work is limited to the second trimester. I started my third about a week ago.

Thanks.

Pauline3283

Asked by Pauline3283 at 5:43 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I was in my 3rd trimester and no dentist would touch me because of the anstegia (however that is spelled). I needed a root canal really really bad to the point the infection was so bad. I did find a dentist that cleaned out the tooth and gave me a anti-biotic that was approved from my doctor to help until my son was born. I literally jumped off the table and made the appt after birth. never thought I would be that relieved to see a dentist. Talk to your doctor and see what he reccomends.
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 5:47 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• i had dental work in the 2nd trimester, but i had to go with all natural! no novacaine. i had the cavaties filled and it wasnt fun, but better than i expected! theres nothing like getting a tooth drilled and feeling every bit of it!
    2bbBoys

Answer by 2bbBoys at 5:56 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• It depends on what you're having done. I went to the dentist five times throughout my pregnancy. No gas, and avoid x-rays whenever possible, and you should be ok.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 6:44 PM on Nov. 13, 2008