ADHA

My son is 5 an he has adhd combined type he been on 3 diff meds he has therapy plus home and school help, but it doesnt seem like the meds are working. i dont know what to do for him. Any one who give me a lil advice

ambe1w

Asked by ambe1w at 11:07 PM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Kids' Health

• My son has ADHD and ODD and I know its absolutely difficult to deal with.Do they have a crisis stabilization unit that he can go to for like a week it includes a lot of help and gives you a little time away from him as well. My son is 6 and hes been in and out like 2 times already. Its a 7-10 day program. They give counseling to him and evaluate the meds that they are already on and are wonderful in helping him with trying to control his hyperness and outbursts.They may also change his meds to only one and it may work alot better than the three because the three sounds like a lot.Good luck I hope my advice was helpful to you
    Hugeat8wks

Answer by Hugeat8wks at 11:16 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• neither of my kids have but my lil cousin has it and they have done alot of studies and say what ur kid eats as alot of affect on it. They also have natural medicine and thier is chinense medcin as well , i would try those here a site that talks about the food http://health.msn.com/health-topics/adhd/slideshow.aspx?cp-documentid=100163624&imageindex=1 <----- Hope it helps GL
    Cherriemama831

Answer by Cherriemama831 at 11:23 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• If meds aren't working, you could try dietary changes and/or supplements. Check out http://www.oneaddplace.com/adhd-diet.php

Another possibility is that he may be misdiagnosed. Many other diagnoses can look like ADHD, such as Asperger's Syndrome, PDD-NOS, Sensory Processing Disorders, Learning Disabilities, absence seizures, and/or food allergies.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 12:00 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• It can take many meds before finding one that works for your child. The meds stablize the chemicals in the brain and one drug may not work for every child. My son was on 3 meds before we found one that worked.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:06 PM on Jan. 21, 2011