How would you feel if you daughter in law said this to you ?

My 21 year old son recently got married a girl that he also got pregnant....

They have dated on and off for the last year, and I have literally begged him to not stay with this girl... I usually dont interfere with his relationships but I KNEW he was making a mistake with this one .... but it failed and she is now my daughter in law and future grandbabies mother.

Just so I dont get bashed, I will explain why I do not like her.... hse lies about everything and almost makes up stories and EVERYTHING ( when i first met her we talked for like a hour, during that time she told me she can not have kids because she has to have a hysterectomy, that she is almost in kidney failure but that she has not been to the DRs in YEARS because she doesnt have insurance and then preceeded to tell me about how she knows all of these people... even talked about how she has mafia family members, and had family members in gangs -- but that her whole family also live here in town, which we live in a small country town in ohio with about 800 people so i think it would be known if there were mafia or gang members wondering around ....)... She also spends all of my sons money faster than it comes in - he now has 3 jobs, ands till has to come home to cook and clean....so I am not exactly why she says she has " so much to do everyday" and yet everytime I stop in she is asleep on the couch with the tv on.... and then there is the fact that she likes none of my sons friends and so that means he cant have any uless she approves of them ( she chose all of his groomsmen for thier wedding, and she wouldnt let my daughter be in the wedding even though my son begged her to ) ..

So I think you get the gist of why I do not like her...

BUT my husband and I have tried to make the best of it and be happy about the new bundle of joy... we went shopping the other day and bought a couple of cute yellow outfits ( we dont know the gender yet ) and a couple stuffed animals...

So later when i was talking to her on the phone and i told her about the cute things I bought she got mad and litterally yelled " NO ONE IS ALOUD TO BUY STUFF FOR MY BABY, I WILL PICK OUT ALL OF ITS CLOTHES, AND IF ANYONE IS GOING TO BUY ANYTHING I WILL TELL THEM WHAT TO GET"

So, I told her I will keep them at my house for when the baby is here, so not to worry about it... but I am so mad I cant hardly stand it any l0nger !

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:25 PM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• Honestly I'd buy nothing then. If she thinks she can do it all on her own let the b. She'll get her wake up call soon enough. How old is this girl?
    Anonymous

• I would tell her that whether she likes it or not that is my grandchild and that is my son. So if I want to buy my grandchild some clothes than I will, whether you like it or not. & Then I would tell her to just make it easier on yourself and everyone else and stop acting like that. & Then I would drive over there and smack her in the head! Lmao, jk.. But really what a psycho. GL to you.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 11:31 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I dont blame you at all shes seems like a horrible person and it shows you love your son and want him to be with a good person i hope he opens his eyes! WOW THATS SAD!
    MasonsMommy1229

Answer by MasonsMommy1229 at 11:31 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Nothing against your son but this marriage won't last! Just sucks for the baby involved.
    Anonymous

• wow. sorry. sounds like she's trying to alienate everybody or she wants all the attn from having the baby bc she knows she wont get attn after it comes. sicko
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 11:35 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Good lord, this chick sounds horrible! If I was you I'd smack this chick n give her one heck of a wake up call. Her face isn't pregnant lol.
    shellbi19

Answer by shellbi19 at 11:36 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• She is 25 years old... she will be 26 in Feb !!! .... ( my son will be 22 in Feb )

My son is obviously "whipped" , I know this...

He was planning on breaking up with her " for the last time " ... and then all of a sudden she said she was pregnant ... ( i had to see the test to be sure she wasnt lying lol )
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:37 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• why did he have TO marry her.. I don't get it?! She sounds extremely Immature and is going to get a huge wake up call once the baby is here and also, their relationship isn't going to get better.
    staciepi

Answer by staciepi at 11:43 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• He HAD to marry her because she had to get on the medical card... and she kept complaing that everyone thought she was "low income" and she basically made him feel like he was a bad father for letting her stay on the medical card ( he told me she said this )
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:45 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Unfortunately, much of the problem is going to fall on your son to handle. Your best bet is to let him know that his family is there for him, regardless of how she acts ~ and to let her know that if she enjoys knowing that she has alienated everyone around her she's a sorrier 'sacka' than you originally thought, but she in no way has any control over you and the rest of your family. Let her know straight up that you WILL be involved in the life/lives of your son and any children he has whether she likes it or lumps it. If you don't give her the power, she can't have it.

She sounds terribly immature and actually insecure, but you don't have to help her continue to be that way. You also don't have to be 'nice' ... but be civil ... and stand your ground. Help your son to not cave when it comes to important family matters ... no 'begging' for what is his (like groomsman). Help him to learn to just stand firm along with you.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 11:50 PM on Jan. 20, 2011