would u participate in a bingo fiundraiser if you could only win great prizes instead of cash?

The idea is to get a location; contact companies like target; kmart; blockbuster etc. to donate prizes and or gift cards for this game;charge a buy in for the unlimited bingo play and give prizes instead of money to the winner of each game... the object is to raise money for this years company operations and have fun at the same time. What do you think? As a monthly event or bi-annual event? Im in the early stages of the planning so Im looking for input on how to do this the best way possible. Doess anyone have any other ideas on fun fundraising? thanks

nokidzncars

Asked by nokidzncars at 11:31 PM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Money & Work

• bingo is for oldies :)
    Anonymous

• Sure

Schedule them just after payday. ;-)
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 11:49 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• If it was a cause I believed in and I had the money, yes I would participate.
    We do bingo at our family reunions- but instead of buying gifts people just bring donations. Books, stuffed animals, games etc. Then if you win you get to go through and pick one thing.

Maybe in addition to asking major stores for donations you could also ask the general public?
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 12:39 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Bingo is fine, but I think you'd get more participants if it was a card game instead.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:49 AM on Jan. 21, 2011