I'm 21 and a first time mom. What would you consider to be the hardest part about being a young mother?

YaneLove

Asked by YaneLove at 11:43 PM on Jan. 20, 2011 in General Parenting

• 21 is considered young now? LOL! I had my first at 19 and second at 23. I would say the hardest part of that was realizing once I hit 35 that I missed my entire "fun" years!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:46 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Realizing you won't have the 10+ years a lot of women have (and proably a lot of your friends have) after being a teenager to "find yourself" or have the freedom of being an adult without the responsibilites of being a mom and/or wife yet. It's like you go from being a teen to being a mom with no time to do you.
    Anonymous

• i think watching all your friends still being able to go out whenever they want and feeling like u cant do that anymore even though i love my son i wouldent trade him for the world i miss going out and being care free
    MasonsMommy1229

Answer by MasonsMommy1229 at 11:47 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I was 23 when I had my son. The hardest thing that I had was losing all of the freedom I used to have. Don't get me wrong, I love my son but I just couldn't pick up and go when ever I wanted like I used to. Now he is almost 8 and I also have a daughter and they are the most important people in my life.
    MelisaVaughan

Answer by MelisaVaughan at 11:50 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I miss sleeping in, having me time.
    staciepi

Answer by staciepi at 11:50 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• i had my daughter at 19 iam 22 now probally to face the facts and realize i have no night life anymore and my staying up til 3am is alot diffent from partying til 3am. lol
    kyiahsmommy

Answer by kyiahsmommy at 11:50 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I wish that I would have waited, and gone to college when I was that age, and done some traveling.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:05 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I had my son at 19 and the hardest part is the relationship aspect. Really, I have been with my SO 4 years but we have to be together on a more mature level now, and it was a hard adjustment for him. No going and getting drunk, throwing house parties, going to 'clubs with a fake id' lol We had to make a house a home instead of just a place we slept.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 12:06 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I was 16 when I had my first baby, by 17 I was a single mother. I dropped out of school, and got a job in the mall food court. Everyone else that I worked with was my age, and I remember having to work extra long shifts because they were all at prom, graduation, graduation parties, etc. Now I"m 29, married, and I have 3 other kids (6, 2, and 6 mos.) and my oldest will be 13. Most of the people I know did their party time, college, careers, etc, and are now getting married and having kids, and are having to adjust to life as a parent, and much less freedom!! And I am on the verge of freedom and my hubby and I will have no one to hang out with, because they will all be home with their kids, like we were for the last 12 yrs. LOL. Funny how things work out. So def. losing the freedom is one of the main hardest parts of being a young parent.
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 12:10 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• oooo your not thay young...Lol YOUNGis like high school
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Jan. 21, 2011