If I could go back in time I would of purchased diapers and formula on line. Saves time and money. What items do you find easier to shop for on-line and why?

Now that my kids are a bit older, 4, 9, 10 and 13 I find at times it is easier to shop on line for groceries. I can take my time, go thru my coupons, do it at any hour of the day, and I schedule a time the next day to pick up my groceries on the way home from work. There is a $10 charge, but well worth it to me. I regret that I didn't take advantage of the internet years ago and make a huge killing on diapers and formula. Some of the sites out there are way cheaper than the stores and even offer free shipping. So what do you find easier to buy on line and why?

DeeMomOfFour

Asked by DeeMomOfFour at 11:45 PM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Shopping

• Well shopping online for perishables such as groceries and items such as diapers isn't reasonable where I live (Hawaii). Shipping either isn't an option or is 40-50 bucks for a pack of diapers.

I usually buy home furnishings, smaller furniture, pet items (beds, meds, toys, etc), clothing for myself and DD, etc all online. I actually do quite a bit of shopping online, and usually qualify for free shipping (Pretty much only at Old Navy or Kohls) and I can almost always catch great deals AND use promo codes.

Like the other day I bought a new duvet set, bed skirt, Egyptian Cotton sheets, and new curtains. The total was well over 500, but I ended up only paying 123.00. That's cheaper than the sheet set alone!
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 11:51 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• The ONLY thing I don't normally get online is grocery items, things I can't wait to have delivered and dollar store items that I can get cheaper off line... Otherwise, I do ALL my shopping online.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:30 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• things from Avon.
    kewi86

Answer by kewi86 at 2:46 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I get most of My kids holiday clothing online bc they never have anything I like in the stores or they dont have them in the sizes I need
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 8:51 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• diapers are 40 bucks in hawaii??? damn...
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 9:08 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I believe I said the shipping was 40-50 bucks. It either isn't optional, like stores wont deliver here, or it's ridiculously expensive.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 3:14 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• all my grocery shopping, its quicker and easier
    san78

Answer by san78 at 3:26 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Diapers and wipes for sure. I can buy everything in bulk for under $100 for both of my kids. Makes me happy. I also get clothes online as well.

I just recently joked that if there was a place in my town that offers online grocery shopping, I'd do it. I would rather not leave my house during the winter months.
    MommaCassE

Answer by MommaCassE at 9:25 PM on Jan. 26, 2011