SAHM's do you ever...............

Do you ever get totally overwhelmed, and just decide that for one day, there will be no dishes, the fam. has plenty of clothes to wear, so no laundry, "we're ordering out tonight", and you are taking a break from being "on-call 24-7" as a wife and mother..............So you do this for a few mins., maybe even a 1/2 hour, and then the guilt gets to you. You know your hubby is at work and even though he gets the weekends off, and you seemingly never get a day off, a sick day, or a paycheck.....you feel bad. The house is a mess, dishes/ clothes are piled up, and the kids are bugging the crap out of you. So you end up doing everything you claimed you weren't going to do, and then not only do you feel guilty, but you're still feeling overwhelmed?????????? Why is that? grrrrr

HappyEndings

Asked by HappyEndings at 11:56 PM on Jan. 20, 2011 in General Parenting

• You just described me! =)
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 12:01 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• It is being a wife and mother
    sunsetbeach81

Answer by sunsetbeach81 at 12:17 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Because we are the mom. Thats what my mom always said. I was sick on Monday and Tuesday and had to still take care of the kids and the house. Hubby got it and was down Wednesday and today and stayed home from work and slept.
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 12:18 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Why is it that the men never feel guilty about us being at home w/ the kids all day, everyday, and still having to do that when we are sick? sigh. some things I will just never understand I guess. Hope you're feeling better mslksdh
    HappyEndings

Comment by HappyEndings (original poster) at 12:22 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• guilt is a beautiful thing isn't it? lol I don't get in a tizzy...we aren;t gonna live in filth but I take a break when I need it. My kids are teens now so I don't feel so guilty.
    RentaMom

Answer by RentaMom at 12:31 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Thanks I am!
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 12:49 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Yes, I do. Sometimes I wish I was my husband. After he gets home from work, his shift is over. Why don't we get days off or holidays off? Lol.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 7:12 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Unfortunate burden we bear as mothers! Don't know about the wife part (single mom), but there are days I just want to say F*ck it all and let the kids eat whatever and we all sit around and veg out on the boob tube!!!!
    2boyz2pray4

Answer by 2boyz2pray4 at 12:01 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Yes, positively! I'm in the same boat with you. I felt this way since 2004. lol
    diamondsarecool

Answer by diamondsarecool at 12:27 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• everybody think we sahm have it made not having to work, think we have all free-time, etc. Ha!Ha!ha!. that's a laugh!
    diamondsarecool

Answer by diamondsarecool at 12:33 PM on Jan. 21, 2011