Undercooked chicken pregnant?

If I eat chicken that's not fully cooked it will effect me before it would ever effect the baby right? If i ate it like 20 hours ago and not sick yet I should be in the clear right? I;m 30 weeks?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:49 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Pregnancy

• You'll probably be just fine as long as this is the only time you've done it. (I don't think people go around routinely eating undercooked chicken anyway lol!) Just watch for symptoms of food poisoning over the next few days, like vomiting, diarrhea, fever, cramps, etc. Sometimes the symptoms take a few days to spring up. But yeah, you should be just fine. I've had my fair share of sushi and medium steak during my pregnancy and I'm perfectly fine =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 5:51 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• You're most likely ok, just don't do it anymore. :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 6:41 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• =/ Oh, uh I'm not sure. I'm pretty sure I remember hearing in nursing school that it can take up to 48 hrs for food poisoning to kick in. But hopefully you will be alright, keep your fingers & toes crossed.
    Niki890

Answer by Niki890 at 10:33 PM on Nov. 13, 2008