is there a mom who has kids that are having trouble talking.

i have a boy and a girl who are having a trouble saying some words right and i was wondering if anyone else has the same problem and if so can you tell me how you are getting them to talk better i am trying flash cards and books that talk . they are 4 and 5 and my 5 year old is in pre-k and he is going to speech but i want to do my part but im not sure what to do to help. the speech teacher really isnt giving me any ideas. thank you

jcmmommy

Asked by jcmmommy at 12:08 AM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I had a 15 year old son that had the vocabulary of a college student when he started school, and my 5 year old has done everything early, from talking, to walking at 9 months old...

So the part that breaks my heart, daily, iswatching my 3 year old that I simply cannot understand a lot of the time because he does not talk properly. We are in the process with a speech therapist trying to figure out how/what on earth is the problem? I too have done flash cards, starfall.com, LeapFrog toys and materials, Jump Start program, having him watch my mouth as I annunciatethings... and I pray with all my heart he is normal or ahead when school starts like the rest?

If you do learn anything pretty please send me a Private message!!! I would love to help my son, and I would be grateful for all
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 12:16 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• They told me just to talk and read to them alot and try to emphasize the correct way to say words. My 6yr old is in speech shehas articulation speech problems.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 12:14 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• i went thru the same with my son until he started pre-k and started talking correctly. it just takes time and patience.
    cataquiroz24

Answer by cataquiroz24 at 12:16 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• BTW--- we talk to and read to all our kids... and drop what we're doing to do so... and I am out of ideas
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 12:17 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• my nephew does speech therapy....he is 3.5....the teacher told my sister to put her mouth on his hand as she says certain words....then say it again normally.....they get a better understanding of how the mouth is supposed to form the words and then they hear it......you also have them try and do it on ur hand and then out loud.....it worked for alot of his words and sounds...but they are still working on others
    macksmom716

Answer by macksmom716 at 10:27 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• My DD of 4 is extremely delyaed in speech, I often talk to her speech pathologist. One thing we have found that can be a useful tool is sign langage(baby sign)( and saying the word as well).. It stimulates the same part of the brain. Soe children arwe hands on learns while some are listeners ect..Just an idea
    ArystaBrat

Answer by ArystaBrat at 12:45 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• thank you everyone that answered my question. i am glade i am not alone. and if i find any thing different i will let ya'll know thank ya'll again
    jcmmommy

Comment by jcmmommy (original poster) at 10:22 PM on Jan. 23, 2011