How do you feel about this?

There are many, many people who used to be GAY, but (after aLOT of work, counseling and prayer) have left the lifestyle.

You can read some success stories here:

http://exodus.to/stories

(There's stories of former lesbians and gay men)

I was just wondering you're thoughts on this??? Good or bad?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:51 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I think it's wonderful. I have recommended the Exodus Ministries program to some friends.
    Anonymous

• Whatever floats your boat.

I think it's just as acceptable for a gay person to turn straight just as it's acceptable for a straight person to turn gay.

But GENERALLY it's pretty difficult to get someone to go the other way. Most gay people would NEVER want to be straight...just as most straight people would NEVER want to be gay.

It's all a personal decision. You can't "cure" gay.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 5:53 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I think there are a lot of genuine gay and lesbian people out there who are good people and were born that way and can not change. But I also think there are those out there who are "gay" because it is the trendy thing to do right now. Every generation wants to rebel and each generation is finding this harder to do. So yes I am sure some can be changed "back" because some never truly were.

Anonymous

• Actually, there was a survey done many years ago where like 90% of gay people said if they could take a pill and become straight they would. Of course that was like 15 years ago when people weren't as nice as they are today.
    Anonymous

• I don't think about it. I am not gay. That being said, I don't know what sort of inner struggles someone deals with when dealing with their homosexuality. If they aren't completely comfortable with being gay, this might be a good thing for that type of person. However, if someone is completely comfortable being gay, then I suppose that's the 'fat lady singing'.
    Anonymous

• i personally believe that you are born gay and i don't see how pretending to be straight is a good thing.
    Anonymous

• Whatever floats their boat...but I believe people are born with their sexual orientation.
    TwocutiesMumma

Answer by TwocutiesMumma at 6:07 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• "Answered at 5:53 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 by: Anonymous - I think it's wonderful. I have recommended the Exodus Ministries program to some friends."

Exodus Ministries?  So, religion right?  Then these "formerly" gay people were brainwashed and are probably miserable.

Madge1428

Answer by Madge1428 at 6:20 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• So, Madge - all religion is "brainwashing" and all people involved are secretly "miserable" but don't know how to escape? -rolls eyes at you-
    Anonymous

• Why do people automatically assume that religion is brainwashing?! I am a Christian and I made that choice myself using my own heart and my own mind as the guide. Nobody brainwashed me. I'm perfectly happy and content with MY decision.
    Anonymous