Does your child talk in their sleep?

My son does. He has been doing it since he started talking. Sometimes you can understand what he says and other times it is gibberish. I always wonder what the heck he is dreaming about!!

kmath

Asked by kmath at 12:40 AM on Jan. 21, 2011 in General Parenting

• My son does, and so does my DH! And they both say the most ridiculous things, too. The other night my DH sat bolt upright in bed and said, "Mommy, I need to eat a cookie." Then he collapsed back on the bed and was snoring before his head hit the pillow. The men in my life are so odd...
    Holly.

Answer by Holly. at 12:59 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• A few times my oldest actually sounded like he was speaking another language.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:41 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Yes, both my girls do. I think it's cute but I can't really understand what they're saying
    Nadali

Answer by Nadali at 12:44 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Yes both my children talk in their sleep. It is a family trait according to my mom. My dad and my moms brother use to talk to each other in their sleep (small cabin, every one slept in one room) and when I was younger I guess I did as well but I am the last to sleep and the first awake so no confirmations on me now ;-)
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 12:44 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• My husband cracks up laughing in his sleep and my oldest talks in his sleep. It's hilarious, especially when they're going at the same time.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 12:51 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Lol my son does too, it's kinda funny
    Raccoon

Answer by Raccoon at 12:55 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• yes....she use to have reaccuring nightmares....it was terrible
    lovemykids2011

Answer by lovemykids2011 at 4:06 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Yep, they all have at some point but only 2 do it anymore. They get it from their father!
    Anonymous

• It makes me jump sometimes because it is totally silent in the house and all of a sudden he will start talking. He isn't quiet about it either. LOL, it is really funny.
    kmath

Comment by kmath (original poster) at 12:57 AM on Jan. 21, 2011