Meeting my boyfriend parents for the first time

I would like to plan something nice for my boyfriend of 8 months. Although Valentines Day is on a Monday, a day which he works and bowls in his league. I thought about surprising him at the bowling alley then when he is finished we can go to dinner and spend the night at a bed and breakfast.

My problem is, I have yet to meet his parents. I have talked to him mom on the phone but between his job, my job and my kids, its been hard to meet them. His parents are on the bowling team as well and would be there. Is it a good idea to meet them this way? I have had 4 people tell me yes to do it and 2 tell me no. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Holidays

• Hmm... I think there are better ways to make a good first impression. I think they may take it as, "Hey, I'm spending time with him, and she just came in out of nowhere, took him and ran off." I don't think you and his parents would have much time to chat and get to know each other, either.

Maybe you can plan a dinner before Valentine's Day and get to know them a little, before figuring out if swooping in on their family time would be considered rude?
    Holly.

Answer by Holly. at 1:01 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• i don't think he is ready for you to meet them just yet, because if he really wanted to; he would have arranged for the meeting to happen.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 1:11 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Let him take the lead.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 9:02 AM on Jan. 28, 2011