Can I still go to the spa?

My bff and I were planning a long weekend out of town next month to include a full day at the spa and shopping. I just found out I am preggers...like today official from the blood work. Well I am wondering can I still go? Or would it just be a waste of time? We were planning on going to this place called Glen Ivy and there's all kind of stuff to do, but if I can't do most of it, it doesn't seem worth it. And how do I get out of it without telling her I'm pregnant. I want to wait a bit to tell people...I haven't even told my hubby yet! :)

mamaSomeday

Asked by mamaSomeday at 12:50 AM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I think that for the most part, you'll be okay. You should have a prenatal appointment soon - maybe you could tell your doctor the specifics on what you had planned, and see what he/she says? That's what I would do. Then you can decide based on what your OB says, whether you feel it is worth it to go.

Congratulations on the new baby -- now go tell your hubby!! :)
    Holly.

Answer by Holly. at 12:56 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• You will need to let them know. There are reflexology things they need to avoid. Plus, you'll need a massage therapist experienced in pregnancy massage. Since it's so early, you won't need to find new positions, but they know what not to do, ya know? So it IS important. Might be good to tell your friend and your Hubby, so the massage therapist doesn't, and so your friend doesn't know before DH! Have a great time!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:58 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• As long as the spa knows ahead of time they should be able to accommodate you. I am 22 weeks and going this weekend to a spa.
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 3:00 AM on Jan. 21, 2011