Anyone elses credit totally shot, don't care, and probably can't fix it?

I quit caring after awhile. Everytime I try to fix anything or pay anything they never take it off my credit soooooo I don't care anymore. Med bills, my ex put a phone in my name ran it to $500, cable company, more medical bills, well, mostly medical bills...lol We pay cash for everything anyway.
I really don't want any lectures on why I should care either. I get it. Trust me. I'm just curious if anyone else has come to this conclusion.

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 12:52 AM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Money & Work

• Same here. I have realized that at 44 I will NOT be able to fix my credit. Life just threw too many curve balls at me and the job market sucks so getting a better job in the near future is NOT likely. So yes - I am like you - I pay cash for everything and have put a credit score out of my things to be stressed out about.

laura67-boo

Answer by laura67-boo at 10:39 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Credit is a control tactic put in place by goevernment and bankers, hell no I dont care about the Governemtn having control over me. A credit score "a good one" is a "how gulliable and easy are you to keep in this cycle of cotinuing debt score"?

Credit is not something you need to survive, pay for it with on hands cash.

Credit is what has this whole darn economy screwed up. Credit is "pulling money out of bankers arses and putting it in the economy like it exists".

If you think credit is good and you need it to live, I will be sorry for those when the asians come and take over our economy unlawfully and unmercifully.

which they have started already.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 11:52 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• you should care it's like a vital organ that will kill you if it's not perfect lol. jk
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 12:54 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Just throw your arms up & say f%&*# it! Drink another Starbucks and start over tomorrow! LOL In 10-20 yrs who'll care?
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 1:04 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I think it's fine if you don't care about your credit score. I don't really care- but more because I'm not planning on ever going into debt again.

It is illegal to run up debt with the intention of not paying it. So do be careful in that reguard.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 8:51 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I don't care about my credit score, but only because I will never need it again--I will never be going into debt again!

Unfortunately, in order to get debt free, my credit score will skyrocket. But my eventual goal is not to have a score, to have ZERO credit again. When I go check my annual credit report, I want to find an error because it can't find any information on me!
    eeyore530

Answer by eeyore530 at 12:05 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• oh me me me pick meee!!!! when we got our house we got good credit and screwed that one up lol. we pay everything cash too!
    Heidikans

• Mine is totally shot and I can't fix it without bankruptcy, but I do care.
    Holly.

Answer by Holly. at 12:54 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I can say I honestly don't care what my credit score is anymore. It's better than it was after my bankruptcy 7 years ago but still low. But again we also pay everything with cash and DH's score is better than mine as far as if we need a car loan and for our house. So, nope, don't give a damn what mine is.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 9:00 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I don't care what my credit score is, but the only debt I have is the house.
    Creditors could come looking for you after the 7 years, it will just no longer be reported on the credit report, and depending on the state after a certain number of years they can't get a judgement. But no reason that they can't keep trying to get the money you owe them.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 2:31 PM on Jan. 21, 2011