Ever feel so lonely that any question will do?

Mainly for military wives of deployed spouses, but everyone feels that way sometimes! Come one come all and see what we come up with.

MelisaVaughan

Asked by MelisaVaughan at 12:59 AM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Just for Fun

• My Hubby isn't in the military, he's gone a month at a time working away from home. I get terribly lonely sometimes and find reading helps. He won't be home again until the end of the month, and the time is dragging on.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 1:01 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Aww, this question makes me sad. :( I'm sorry you guys miss your hubbies.

hugs

Holly.

Answer by Holly. at 1:15 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• My husband is in the military, and I'm hardly ever lonely. I think he is sometimes, 'cause he's a loner (make a lifetime of choices and sometimes you end up by yourself) and an introvert... but I'm an extravert, I have more friends than I have time for and I LOVE peace and quiet in my house for hours on end.

I did find it helpful to notice that my husband loves me even if he's on the other side of the planet. It doesn't matter to my immediate feelings if I can't kiss him because he's at work overnight or if he's gone for 6 months... and they're all just moments. When I dwell on him being 'not where I want him to be' I get mad --even if it's just because he's working on a Saturday. When I don't dwell on what I have no control over, or what doesn't suit my immediate preference, I find it a million times less annoying.

Go do something you enjoy. Paint, sing, dance, run, skip, nap, read, write, eat, cook, clean, draw, knit...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 1:36 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Linda.........you said it all! Thanks
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 6:07 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I'm an introvert and loner because I was a military brat, so I never had any roots or long lasting relations and also because growing up I was an outcast, and picked on at school to the point where I just put up a shell around me and kept to myself because it was safer and I learned self-reliance. It also turned me into a pessimist, fearful of social situations or saying the wrong thing and a general dislike of the world and society in general, but in public I don't come across that way, but its in there..inside of me.

I'd do you best to interact with you fellow military dependents, they are going thru the same things you are. You call all relate and that common ground is the seeds for some friendships and comradery.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 6:39 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• i am, my husband is in the Navy and I am sahm, we just moved to a new place, i dont know anyone or the area but i have my son and my dogs to keep me company : )
    Nicholeb211

Answer by Nicholeb211 at 11:19 AM on Jan. 21, 2011