What are ways to tell if your child is being bullied at school by the teachers: and will mommy i hate my school be a sign if your child loves school and hate to miss?

ladynell4god

Asked by ladynell4god at 1:07 AM on Jan. 21, 2011 in

• Love school and hates to miss? R u saying that your child normally likes school and now he doesn't want to go? Message me and we'll talk.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 1:10 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• If you suspect your child's teacher hates your child, you're probably right. Anyone who thinks teachers can't possibly dislike a child, or bully them, has spent too much time working in a home office alone. Any person can dislike any other person... there is nothing special about teachers or children. Of course they can have personality conflicts... and in a position of absolute, unsupervised power, teachers often find themselves going too far with kids they dislike.

Kids have limited experience, limited vocabularies and a limited ability to express complex or nuanced experiences. 'I hate my school' can be anything from 'I was humiliated in class today' to 'my teacher threatens me, hits me and throws things at me.' It would probably help if you could find a neutral attitude and ask gently what makes him say that...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 1:14 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Im having this prob right now with my 6yr old & come to find out it was the teacher. My daughter is in kinder & she already hates school cause the teacher is mean & screams all day at the kids. The way I found out is by sitn dwn & talkn to my daughter about what was bothering her & she opened up to me about it. If this is going on. I advise u to see if u could switch ur child out that class immediatly. My child suffers a mild case of depression bcus of this & it may ruin their outlook on school and leave a mental scar on ur child for some time.
    tiamesmer

Answer by tiamesmer at 2:38 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• My child had a mental breakdown from what his teacher did: he's telling me they are taking him to the nurse office and giving him medicine in candy form. This is what they tell him, and it taste bad to him. He's comimg home with unexplained bruises. CPS is involved, but the case haven't went any futher. He was moved out of the teacher's class by the principal but he's still been sent to her class, even after I've sent an email request to the principal and written in the planner for him not to have any further communication with this teacher. Why keep him in the school: because i'm fighting with the district as well concerning what's going on, and when one of their staff members have a complaint filed against them the district will do what ever they can to see to it that the complaint is false: even with the child attending another school. It will look like my child is the problem. No transportation to take him out!
    ladynell4god

Comment by ladynell4god (original poster) at 3:04 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Reach out to whoever u can.. Go or call ur local news station and expose this to the media.. Take pics of the bruises. Make a log of the incidents. Provide all proof u have to the local authorities. Go file a complaint at the school board. Do everything thats in ur power to bring these ppl dwn. They must be stopped and punished 4 what they are doing. Ur child should not have to suffer like this and medicine? This could harm ur child. Take him to the hospital and make sure its documented there also.. Have them test for any drugs in his system and have them take pics of all the bruising.. U have to fight harder.. For ur son.. My heart goes out to you and I shall pray for u and ur son..
    tiamesmer

Answer by tiamesmer at 9:28 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Hi tiamesmer, everything you mention above I've done: i've even got a response from becky oliver who told me to just take my child out of the district. Haven't heard from her since. I know this sounds unreal, but I've done all in my power to expose this story. I know at lease one parent who went through the same. She was able to take her children out and put them in a private school. I still do have contact with her. Another story aired on one of our major news station about a high school child being attack by the campus officer. The district have its own police department. The local department won't even involve themself in school complaints: the refer you to the district police department. I don't even think they should have this much power over parents. My hands are up. Without transportation, it's hard to transport them. I need the school to pay for this service since it's their fault.
    ladynell4god

Comment by ladynell4god (original poster) at 3:00 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• i think that is one good tell,tell sighn that either teacher or another chld is bulling him/her
    cici447

Answer by cici447 at 4:34 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• IF you know that the teacher abuse your child than go and get a lawyer and get him out of that dirt-hole. A school should be for the children and not for the district or the director or whatever grown-up. If you can't go by letters and nice words than go by law. It will cost money but if your child will be safe than it worth it. Anyway if I would be in the same situation and the district wouldn't transfer him anywhere I would just go for home-schooling. It is as or more effective and loads of district or public school.

adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 4:41 PM on Jan. 22, 2011